Many people constantly argue that once you enter recovery, any and all fun is completely out of the question. Now that you’re sober, it’s time to settle down into a dull, boring life and never have a good time again! Right? Wrong. In fact, while sober, I’ve had the best times of my life!
But what about throwing an actual party? What’s a sober host to do when picking up beverages for their houseguests in recovery? Check out these awesome non-alcoholic drinks you can whip up for your party without having to sacrifice your sobriety!
The first non-alcoholic drink up on our list is none other than non-alcoholic beer. A classic drink among people who are avoiding alcohol, non-alcoholic beer has come a long way from the traditional, less than tasty predecessors. While there are a variety of non-alcoholic beers currently on the market, some of the more popular choices are Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier Alkoholfrei, from the oldest distillery in the world, Brewdog Nanny State, which comes the makers of the most alcoholic beer known to man, and Clausthaler Golden Amber, who created their own unique fermentation process that yields the product before it becomes alcoholic.
O’Doul’s is a classic non-alcoholic beer you may be missing. It turns out, that while O’Doul’s is synonymous with non-alcoholic beer, it actually does contain .04% alcohol! While it is not enough to get you inebriated, it’s best to stay away from the drink entirely if you are in recovery.
A classic non-alcoholic drink in and of itself, the Shirley Temple is a fan favorite around the world! Featuring ginger ale mixed with a splash of grenadine, this delicious drink is usually also garnished with a maraschino cherry. It’s a great alternative to other mixed drinks and has stood the test of time to make it one of the most popular non-alcoholic drinks around!
Asian Pear Sparkler
If you’re looking for something sweet and bubbly, look no further than the Asian Pear Sparkler as a featured non-alcoholic drink! This smooth, sweet drink is likely to be a big hit at your party!
Here’s what the ingredients feature:
- 1 cup freshly pressed Asian pear juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cups honey
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (4-inch) sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into coins
- Small grating of fresh nutmeg
- Soda water
Up next on our list of non-alcoholic beverages is the Millionaire Sour. If you’re looking for something a bit classier, this it the one for you! A delicious mocktail (non-alcoholic cocktail) that’s a classic drink with a non-alcoholic twist!
Here are the ingredients per glass:
- 2 ounces Lemon Simple Syrup
- 2 ounces ginger ale if you wish to go non-alcoholic
- 1/4 cup crushed ice
- 1/4 shot grenadine
- Lemon slice & cherry for garnish
Margaritas are a staple at almost any dinner party. Luckily, just because you’re sober doesn’t mean you have to miss out! Non-alcoholic margaritas are not only possible, but also still delicious!
Here’s what you need for your delicious marg’:
- 2 oz. honey or agave
- 1 oz. limeade concentrate
- 1 oz. fresh lime juice
- ½ oz. grapefruit juice SAVE $
- 2 drops almond extract (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon orange extract or orange bitters
- ¾ cup ice SAVE $
- 1-tablespoon flake salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Limes for garnish
Peach Bellini Mocktail
A brunch favorite, bellinis are usually synonymous with a girl’s day out. Now you can still feel a part of by trying out this non-alcoholic drink!
Here’s how you, too, can enjoy a bellini:
- ¼ cup peach nectar, chilled
- ¾ cup ginger ale, chilled
- ¼ cup fresh berries (blueberries, raspberries, and sliced strawberries)
While this particular drink isn’t necessarily non-alcoholic, by forgoing the rum called for in the recipe, you don’t sacrifice flavor! You can still enjoy this classic drink without the alcohol!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- ½ lime, juiced
- ½ lime, cut into wedges
- 3-4 sprigs fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/2 a cucumber, peeled and pureed
- 4 ounces club soda
Hocus Pocus Fizz
Just in time for Halloween, this is one of the coolest non-alcoholic drinks on the list! You can still have your cake and eat it too at your sober Halloween party this year and impress all your guests with this delicious, recovery-safe drink.
Here’s how to make one for yourself:
- 1 ½ cups pineapple juice
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ teaspoon Imitation Coconut Extract
- 1 bottle sparkling white grape juice
- Cranberries (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 drops red food coloring
- 5 drops yellow food coloring
Another classic party drink, Sangria is usually the staple for any outdoor barbeque, which is why it’s such an important part of our non-alcoholic drink list! You can feature Sangria at your party without sacrificing your clean time!
Here’s how to make this delicious beverage:
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 black tea bags (or 2 teaspoons loose-leaf tea in an infuser; decaf tea is fine)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 medium orange, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 medium lemon, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 medium lime, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 medium apple, cored and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 3 cups carbonated water
- Pour the boiling water over tea bags and cinnamon sticks and steep for 5 minutes.
- Discard tea bags and stir in sugar to dissolve.
- In a large jar or pitcher, combine tea, cinnamon sticks, pomegranate juice, orange juice, orange, lemon, lime, and apple. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and preferably overnight.
- Just before serving, stir in carbonated water. Serve in glasses over ice.
A spin on the Shirley Temple, the Roy Rogers uses cola instead of ginger ale to make another great addition to our list of non-alcoholic drinks you enjoy!
The ingredients are simple:
- 1 Can or Bottle of Coca Cola
- 1 tablespoon of grenadine
- Garnish with a maraschino cherry
Call the Palm Beach Institute Today
While entering recovery can significantly change your life, one thing that you never have to sacrifice is fun! At the Palm Beach Institute, we pride ourselves on our ability to help our clients achieve recovery, while also having fun! If you or someone you know is currently struggling with a drug or alcohol addiction, give us a call at 855-960-5456 to get connected to one of our addiction professionals who can help you get the help you need!
Leave a Comment