For many addicts who are seeking recovery, admittance into a treatment center is the best option for sustainable and long-term recovery. Treatment centers are places where the addict can be weaned away from the use of drugs in a safe and secure environment where new and healthy habits and mindsets are fostered and encouraged to flourish. While the recovering addict may recognize the importance of quality care that a treatment center can provide, finding a quality facility that will fit the addict’s recovery needs can be a challenge.
What Defines a Great Treatment Facility?
When choosing a treatment facility there are several important factors to keep in mind when making that decision. A final choice should only be made when all factors pertaining to the addict’s specific situation are carefully weighed and debated. Here are examples of important considerations to keep in mind:
- What facilities fit the recovery needs the best?—There needs to be a search not only a facility that fits the certain recovery needs of the addict, but the facility needs to have a proven success history in regards to treating that specific addiction. Keep in mind, however, that the best facility that suits those specific needs may not be located in the immediate area.
- Accreditation—Ensure that the treatment program that is being considered has the proper accreditation by the state it is in. Also ensure that the program is run by licensed and well-trained staff, both in the addiction and mental health fields.
- Treatment Methods-The treatment methods implemented should have a proven track record that is bolstered by statistics of its’ success. These statistics should originate from an outside agency who is objective and impartial.
- Aftercare—Are there aftercare programs, and if so are they well-run? Do they provide referrals to other resources in the community? Is there collaboration between patient and staff with regards to create a discharge plan once treatment is completed?
- Cost—what types of insurance are accepted? If a perspective patient does not have insurance, are there programs or grants that can help with funding so care can be provided?
Consider the Palm Beach Institute
Located in West Palm Beach, Florida, the Palm Beach Institute is a drug treatment facility which offers both a comprehensive and multi-dimensional approach in order to serve the diverse needs of their patients. For over forty years, the Palm Beach Institute had offered treatment programs for adolescents and well as adults and provides medical detoxification services along with counseling, individual and family therapy and mental health counseling.
Along with traditional therapeutic methods, the Palm Beach Institute also offers recreational programs as well as alternative therapies in order to help the recovering addict uncover the underlying mechanisms surrounding their drug use and abuse. The Palm Beach also offers transitional housing for adults called the Olive House, family programs, an alumni mentoring program as well as a comprehensive eating disorders program for both women and men.
The Palm Beach Institute is accredited by the Joint Commission, which was formed in 1951 and has been acknowledged as the leader in the development of the highest standards in the healthcare field. The Palm Beach Institute is also accredited by the National Association of Addiction Treatment Providers (NAATP). The NAATP, developed in 1978, has stood at the forefront in the addiction treatment field. Most forms of insurance are accepted for treatment at the Palm Beaches Institute, including Aetna, Blue Cross/Blue Shield and Cigna along with private pay options.