The Palm Beach Institute has helped more than 12,000 clients recover from drug and alcohol addiction throughout its distinguished 45-year history.
Browse the information below and learn why The Palm Beach Institute is the right place for you or your loved one, or call 1-800-433-5098 and speak with someone from our team now!
What Defines a Great Treatment Facility?
When choosing a treatment facility there are several important factors to keep in mind when making that decision. A final choice should only be made when all factors pertaining to the addict’s specific situation are carefully weighed and debated. Here are examples of important considerations to keep in mind:
- What facilities fit the recovery needs the best?—There needs to be a search not only a facility that fits the certain recovery needs of the addict, but the facility needs to have a proven success history in regards to treating that specific addiction. Keep in mind, however, that the best facility that suits those specific needs may not be located in the immediate area.
- Accreditation—Ensure that the treatment program that is being considered has the proper accreditation by the state it is in. Also ensure that the program is run by licensed and well-trained staff, both in the addiction and mental health fields.
- Treatment Methods—The treatment methods implemented should have a proven track record that is bolstered by statistics of its’ success. These statistics should originate from an outside agency who is objective and impartial.
- Aftercare—Are there aftercare programs, and if so are they well-run? Do they provide referrals to other resources in the community? Is there collaboration between patient and staff with regards to creating a discharge plan once treatment is completed?
- Cost—what types of insurance are accepted? If a prospective patient does not have insurance, are there programs or grants that can help with funding so care can be provided?